Dental Chair Servicing
Dental Chair Servicing
Bowen Dental Engineering can service dental chairs from all major manufacturers for dental practices in Cardiff, south Wales, and the M4- and M5-corridors.
Your Dental Chair
The dentist’s chair might be the most important item of equipment in a modern dental surgery. It is the most customer-facing of all your equipment.
Your dental chair must function at its very best to give your patients the dental experience they demand.
One of the Care Quality Commission’s Fundamental Standards, Regulation 15: Premises and equipment, sets the minimum standards that your surgery must reach.
When Should You Service Your Dental Chair?
Dental chairs are sophisticated machines. Most manufacturers recommend that you carry out servicing or preventive maintenance at least annually.
How much do you charge?
For a standard service in line with CQC Fundamental Standard 15, we charge £55 per hour plus VAT. For a full manufacturer service, we charge £55 per hour plus VAT and the cost of the relevant service kit.
The price of a service kit varies by manufacturer, call us for a quote.
Quality Assured Dental Chair Servicing
Bowen Dental Engineering supply dental chairs from the best manufacturers, including Adec, Ajax, Belmont, and MDS Medical.
We use manufacturer-recommended servicing procedures, kits, and replacement parts so you can be sure your dental chair is running at its best and your warranty is safeguarded – we also update all the necessary records for you.
Dental Chair Servicing That You Can Trust
A service will involve a comprehensive check of your dental chair’s operation and systems in line with the manufacturer’s guidance. Parts that need replacing will be replaced. Your dental chair will be thoroughly cleaned, all ancillary equipment will be checked (lights, drainage, suction), and returned to your hands in perfect working order and set up as you like it.
We will also complete all the necessary paperwork and update you on any ongoing issues or probable future maintenance needs.
What is included in the service?
- Check and record model and serial number
- Switch off air, water and electricity to the centre
- Remove any covers as necessary
- Follow manufacturer’s guidelines for servicing requirements, replace parts as required by manufacturer
- Switch air, water and electricity to the centre on
- Check for air and water leaks
- Test air and water outlet pressures in line with manufacturer’s guidelines
- Check tubing outlets for damage, repair or replace as required
- Check stability of the treatment centre and repair as necessary
- Check operation of safety devices and repair as necessary
- Clean and inspect upholstery and ancillaries, recording any damage/wear and tear
- Check operation of ancillaries, operating lights, spittoon, suction and drainage
- Ensure that the unit is returned to original settings as found
- Complete all paperwork
- Highlight any damage/wear and tear or further action required to principle/practice manager
The Comprehensive Dental Engineering Solution for South Wales
Bowen Dental Engineering is a family-owned business. Our team of dental engineers have decades of collective experience.
All our staff are trained to work on any dental machinery they service or repair, and you can expect an efficient, friendly service from all Bowen Dental Engineering staff.
We also offer servicing (including contract servicing) for most dental equipment, including amalgam separators, autoclaves, suction pumps, and compressors.
Our inspection and testing services – for x-ray machines, pressure vessels, and decontamination – will keep your patients and safe and ensure you’re compliant with all the latest legislation and best practice guidelines.
Emergency call-out repair services are available Monday to Saturday from 7am.